Honeywell Guided Wave Radar Level Transmitters
Honeywell SmartLine Level transmitters use guided wave radar (GWR) technology to measure the level of various liquid products on various installations (distillation columns, blending tanks, process tanks, solid silos (inventory), separators, and storage tanks) within the stated pressure and temperature range. The transmitters offer best-in-class performance, modular construction, an advanced display, and superior integration features.
SmartLine Level Transmitters help users:
- Reduce engineering effort, project costs, and startup time
- Increase security against unauthorized access
- Avoid unplanned downtime and application errors
- Shorten time to repair
- Reduce spare parts inventory
- Minimize maintenance through the non-contact measuring principle (non-contact transmitters)
What are Guided Wave Radar Level Transmitters?
The SmartLine Level Transmitter uses guided wave radar (GWR) technology. It can measure the level of a range of liquid products on various installations within the stated pressure and temperature range. The transmitter can be deployed at distillation columns, blending tanks, process tanks, solid silos (inventory), separators, and storage tanks. The instrument does not require calibration or commissioning upon installation and measures liquid interface with or without an air gap.
The level meter can simultaneously measure the level and interface and measure media with a dielectric constant of 1.4 or greater. Various rigid and flexible probes allow measurement in silos and tanks up to 164 feet high.
SLG 700 SmartLine Guided-Wave Radar
SmartLine Level Transmitters offer:
- A new validation tool to avoid costly errors upfront by validating the level transmitter against the process tank
- Online collaborative engineering session with Honeywell experts right at users’ desktop
- Modular design shared with SmartLine pressure and temperature transmitters further reduces inventory and increases flexibility
- Seamless integration with Experion® PKS that provides extended diagnostics, maintenance status display, and transmitter messaging.
- Rich, advanced display and local configuration capabilities: configure with any handheld device using the new DTMs, or through externally accessible buttons, even in an intrinsically safe environment.
What Problems Does It Solve?
SmartLine Level Transmitters are used where capacitance, hydrostatic level, or ultrasonic level measurements may have been previously used. The instruments are immune to changes in pressure, temperature, conductivity, and density. The level meters have better reproducibility and accuracy than these other level technologies. Since the signal travels up and down the probe, it is unaffected by the angle of repose of a granular material.
SmartLine Application and Validation Tool
The SmartLine Application and Validation Tool helps users get the right instrument for their application. The tool enables error-free selection and validation of the device through efficient online collaboration. The tool documents your selection inputs and helps you share them with others. The ordered instrument arrives fully preconfigured, shortening the commissioning time. Learn more.