Standard 750 Class
Linc Energy Systems is an authorized trainer for GPL Odorizers and instructs in the safe and efficient operation of GPL 750 odorization systems. We offer classes to teach users of GPL equipment to ensure the GPL Odorizers’ clients understand the proper use of the equipment and satisfy the manufacturer’s requirements, the client’s safety policies, and potential regulatory requirements.
The odorization equipment training class was very informative, insightful, and hands-on. I was able to develop a deeper understanding of the unit thanks to this course.”
—Ryan Minato, Field Engineer, Pipeline Conditioning
Standard 750 Class
The Standard 750 Class (Standard Training for GPL Odorization Systems) is a comprehensive course with classroom and hands-on instruction focused on the safe operation and maintenance of a GPL 750 Odorization System. Upon successfully completing the class, the student will receive certification that the employee has completed the course requirements.
The instructors will teach the annual maintenance procedures, including changing filters and replacing solenoids. They will also teach how to blow down the unit and go over the ins and outs of the HMI controller.
Standard 750 Class Dates
This course satisfies the GPL Odorizers recommendation that its odorizer users be trained in the equipment’s proper operation and maintenance. Failure to comply with properly operating and maintaining the equipment can void the warranty, destroy property, cause injury, or even worse.
The following are the dates for the Standard 750 course:
- May 15, 2024
- November 13, 2024
Please reserve your spot early, as the classes are limited to eight students and fill up quickly. Message us now with your contact information using the “Questions or Reservations” link above, or call (303) 697-6701.
The student is trained in the safe and efficient operation of the GPL Odorizers equipment and will receive certification that they have been trained in the equipment operation upon successful completion.
- Operation of the GPL 750 Odorizer – The instructor will provide an extensive walk-through of the mechanical operation of the GPL 750, including all major mechanical components (dome-loaded regulator, normally closed solenoid, metering valve, drip chamber, and optical comparator).
- HMI Interface – The instructor will review the odorization system’s user interface and how to:
- Check alarms, including a summary of alarm types and what to do in each scenario, change parameters
- Change gas or odorant parameters
- Manual gas
- Set tank levels to help monitor tank volume
- Acknowledge the alarms and put the system back into operation
- Difference between 4-20 mA and pulse for gas flow signal
- Manual Override – The instructor will teach how to manually override the system when there has been a power failure.
- Equipment Blowdown – The instructor will show how to blow down the unit safely to perform maintenance.
- Annual Maintenance – The instructor will teach how to change the filters and swap the solenoid when reaching 1,000,000 cycles.
- Accessing Data and Creating Reports – Learn how to access data from the PLC and create company inspection or regulatory reports easily (if needed).
This course is for men and women who operate GPL odorization equipment.
The Standard Training class gives the student new skills to meet the needs of most employers’ workplaces. It ensures that the student knows how to safely operate the GPL 750 critical functions related to their workplace role. The class assists our clients with maintaining regulatory compliance.*
- Minimum students per class: 4
- Maximum students per class: 8
- Student-to-teacher ratio is 8:1 (max) in the classroom setting
- Student-to-teacher ratio is 4:1 (max) during the hands-on-training
*It is the client’s responsibility to determine if their business must comply with various regulations.
- PHMSA requires that pipeline operators qualify employees and contractors working on pipeline odorizers.
- OSHA requires employers to provide a safe workplace and safety training to operate their equipment.
The student will have a balance between classroom instruction and hands-on experience allowing the student to perform maintenance tasks (e.g., replacing seal cartridges, bellows, filters, and solenoids).
- Overview of the odorizer (classroom instruction)
- Odorization overview
- Specifications of the GPL 10000 and GPL 750
- System overview (including odorizer, tank, injection point, flow paths, injection panel, power gas, and types with pros and cons)
- HMI interface
- Mechanical interface
- Annual maintenance
- Replacement and working on the odorizers (including blowing down the system)
- Replacing of seal cartridges, filters, seal cartridges, bellows
Course materials included:
- User Manual of GPL 750
- Operations Manual of GPL 750
- Written test
At the end of each class, the student must take a test to demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the equipment’s safe, proper, and efficient operation. When passed, the student will receive a certification of successful completion, satisfying the manufacturer’s training recommendations.
This certification may also satisfy the employer’s safety training program and help keep the employer compliant with regulatory agencies requiring safety training on equipment the employee uses.