Sage Natural Gas Flow Meter
Sage Metering designs and manufactures thermal mass flow meters for a variety of industrial, commercial, environmental and municipal applications. The flowmeter monitors flow rate and measures the consumption of various gases, including: natural gas, propane, digester gas, landfill gas, mixed gases, hydrogen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, exhaust air, combustion air and compressed air.
Sage Metering Thermal Mass Flow Meter
Both insertion and in-line types are available in integral configurations as well as remote styles. Remote styles offer lead-length compensation up to 1000 feet. Sage Metering also manufacturers the only portable thermal mass flowmeter with built-in datalogger.
Additionally, the Sage natural gas flow meter offers a unique on-site (in-situ) calibration which validates the performance, verifies there is no shift or drift and eliminates the need for an annual factory calibration that other manufacturers require.
Sage Offers Solutions for Natural Gas Flow, Flare Gas Flow, Compressed Air, Combustion Air, and Biogas Flow
- Direct Mass Flow Measurement: Mass flow is more accurate and has higher repeatability than volumetric flow. Since pressure and temperature do no impact mass flow, there is no need for temperature or pressure transmitters.
- Wide turndown: A thermal mass flowmeter has wide turndown, simply meaning, it'll have accurate and repeatable measurement at low and high flow rates. With a turndown ratio of 100:1 and resolution of as much as 1000:1, thermal mass measurement is more accurate and repeatable over volumetric flow when a wide flow range is required.
- Low Flow Rate Sensitivity: The Sage Metering mass flowmeter has such low end sensitivity that it accurately measures flow as low as 5 SFPM, or as low as 1 SCFM in a 6" pipe.
- Pressure Drop is negligible and will not impede flow or waste energy.
- Reliable: With no moving parts there's no need to replace bearings and eliminates unnoticed accuracy shifts that occur with volumetric meters.
- Installation with mounting hardware is easy for both in-line and insertion style meters. Additionally, inline flow conditioners are available where long straight pipe runs are not present.