Natural Gas Measurement, Control, and Odorization Log
We provide insights into natural gas measurement, control, odorization, and various natural gas products.
METRIS 250 Natural Gas Meter Adjustment
In the following article, we answer, "How do I adjust my Itron METRIS 250 natural gas meter?" In addition to the following recommendations, it is imperative to adhere to your company's procedures in addition to Itron's when installing or repairing your gas meter.
METRIS Natural Gas Meter
The METRIS 250 is a residential natural gas meter popular among natural gas utilities because of its reliability, and it offers long-term performances and accuracy. It is a 250 class meter and compatible with leading AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) devices.
How to Adjust the Metris 250?
To adjust the METRIS meter remove the red security seal and two screws and remove the hand-hole cover to access the meter tangent.
A non-temperature compensated tangent is pictured to the right. Whether the meter is temperature compensated or non-temperature compensated, the adjustment is the same. Use the Itron proving wrench (part number 012700) or a 5/16" ignition wrench to adjust the METRIS meter. After completing the meter adjustment and the meter is in proof, ensure the O-ring is in the groove in the top casting and replace the hand hole cover.
- Rotate the tangent block to the position pictured to the right.
- Moving the wrench in a downward motion adjusts the timing nut (A) to the right increasing the open rate percent accuracy (descending +).
- Moving the wrench in an upward motion changes the timing nut (A) to the left decreasing the open rate percent accuracy (upward -).
- Rotating the timing nut one flat produces a 0.3% change in precision.
- Moving the wrench in an upward motion adjusts the displacement nut (B) to the left increasing the open and check rate accuracy (upward +).
- Moving the wrench in a downward motion changes the displacement nut (B) to the right decreasing the open and check rate accuracy (downward -).
- Rotating the displacement nut one flat produces ~ a 0.5% change in accuracy.
For more information on adjusting your METRIS meter, download Itron's METRIS Meter Adjustment.
Images and information courtesy of Itron Gas Meter.