Standard 10000 Class
Linc Energy Systems is an authorized trainer for GPL Odorizers and instructs in the safe and efficient operation of GPL 10000 odorization systems. We offer classes to teach users of GPL equipment to ensure the GPL Odorizers’ clients understand the proper use of the equipment and satisfy the manufacturer’s requirements, the client’s safety policies, and potential regulatory requirements.
The odorization equipment training class was very informative, insightful, and hands-on. I was able to develop a deeper understanding of the unit thanks to this course.”
—Ryan Minato, Field Engineer, Pipeline Conditioning
Standard 10000 Class
The Standard 10000 Class (Standard Training for GPL Odorization Systems) is a comprehensive course with classroom and hands-on instruction focused on the safe operation and maintenance of a GPL 10000 Odorization System. Upon successfully completing the class, the student will receive certification that the employee has completed the course requirements.
The instructors will teach the annual maintenance procedures, including changing filters and replacing solenoids. They will also teach how to blow the unit down to service the pump and change seal cartridges and bellows. The class will also go over the ins and outs of the HMI controller, check pump performance, and repriming the pump.
Standard 10000 Class Dates
This course satisfies the GPL Odorizers recommendation that its odorizer users be trained in the equipment’s proper operation and maintenance. Failure to comply with properly operating and maintaining the equipment can void the warranty, destroy property, cause injury, or even worse.
The following are the dates for the Standard 10000 course:
- June 14, 2023
- December 6, 2023
Please reserve your spot early, as the classes are limited to eight students and fill up quickly. Message us now with your contact information using the “Questions or Reservations” link above, or call (303) 697-6701.
If your company requires deviation from the current course content, see our “Custom Training Course.”
The Standard 10000 class is six hours long.
This Standard Class is for employees, contractors, and operators of GPL 10000 odorization systems.
The student is trained in the safe and efficient operation of the GPL Odorizers equipment and will receive certification that they have been trained in the equipment operation upon successful completion.
- Operation of the GPL 10000 Odorizer – The instructor will provide an extensive walk-through of the mechanical function of the GPL 10000, including all major mechanical components.
- HMI Interface – The instructor will review the odorization system’s user interface and how to:
- Check alarms, including a summary of alarm types and what to do in each scenario, change parameters
- Change gas or odorant parameters
- Set tank levels to help monitor tank volume
- Acknowledge the alarms and put the system back into operation
- Difference between 4-20 mA and pulse for gas flow signal
- Reprime the Pump – The instructor will train the student to reprime the hydraulics of the pump and review when and why it is necessary.
- Mercaptan – Learn how to purge mercaptan of bubbles or vapor lock safely.
- Purge Loop – Learn how to put the odorizer into a purge loop.
- Maintenance – The instructor will teach the student how to change seal cartridges, swap bellows, swap manifolds, and change the solenoid when reaching 1,000,000 cycles. The student will also learn how to change the HMI memory battery.
- Accessing Data and Creating Reports – Learn how to access data from the PLC and create company inspection or regulatory reports easily (if needed).
This course is for men and women who operate GPL odorization equipment.
The Standard Training class gives the student new skills to meet the needs of most employers’ workplaces. It ensures that the student knows how to safely operate the GPL 10000 critical functions related to their workplace role. The class assists our clients with maintaining regulatory compliance.*
- Minimum students per class: 4
- Maximum students per class: 8
- Student-to-teacher ratio is 8:1 (max) in the classroom setting
- Student-to-teacher ratio is 4:1 (max) during the hands-on-training
*It is the client’s responsibility to determine if their business must comply with various regulations.
- PHMSA requires that pipeline operators qualify employees and contractors working on pipeline odorizers.
- OSHA requires employers to provide a safe workplace and safety training to operate the equipment they will use.
The student will have a balance between classroom instruction and hands-on experience allowing the student to perform maintenance tasks (e.g., replacing seal cartridges, bellows, filters, and solenoids).
- Overview of the odorizer (classroom instruction)
- Odorization overview
- Specifications of the GPL 10000 and GPL 750
- System overview (including odorizer, tank, injection point, flow paths, injection panel, power gas, and types with pros and cons)
- HMI interface
- Mechanical interface
- Annual maintenance
- Replacement and working on the odorizers (including blowing down the system)
- Replacing of seal cartridges, filters, seal cartridges, bellows
Course materials included:
- User Manual of GPL 10000
- Operations Manual of GPL 10000
- Written test
At the end of each class, the student must take a test to demonstrate a sufficient understanding of the equipment’s safe, proper, and efficient operation. When passed, the student will receive a certification of successful completion, satisfying the manufacturer’s training recommendations.
This certification may also satisfy the employer’s safety training program and help keep the employer compliant with regulatory agencies requiring safety training on equipment the employee uses.