The Itron CL 838 regulator is ideal for service, commercial, industrial and distribution regulation applications when installed in compliance with D.O.T. regulations.
The construction of the primary regulator in the Itron CL838 is the same as a standard B838 service regulator except the mainsprings are installed to close the valve. This main regulator is the same in either the CL838-1 or CL838-2 models. Your selection of either model 1 or model 2 will be determined by the outlet pressure range of the pilot regulators.
Itron discontinued the following monitor and downstream control regulator models; B35M, B838M, B838D, CL838M1&2, CL838D1&2. Support for spare parts will end on 12/31/19.
CL838 Regulator Benefits
The CL838 regulator is a single valve body regulator with large (12 1/16" diaphragm) twin diaphragm cases, pilot loaded to ensure a high degree of accuracy during fixed-factor measurement. These regulators are ideal for service, commercial, industrial and distribution regulation applications when installed in compliance with D.O.T. regulations.
The CL838 is available in the following models:
- CL838-1 - The CL838-1 has maximum inlet pressure of 150 PSIG and an outlet pressure range 6" W.C. to 5 PSIG with the orifice size of 3/8" through 1 3/8"
- CL838-2 - The CL838-2 has maximum inlet pressure of 150 PSIG and an outlet pressure range 1 PSIG to 30 PSIG with the orifice size of 3/8" through 1 3/8"
- CL838D-1 - The CL838D-1 (Downstream Control) has a maximum inlet pressure of 150 PSIG and an outlet pressure range 6" W.C. to 5 PSIG with closed throat and equipped for downstream control tap. This unit is used when it is desirable to control the regulator from a downstream sensing point other than the regulator valve body outlet side. All capacity curves are the same except no boost is experienced at the control point. Orifice sizes 3/8" through 1 3/8"
- CL838D-2 - The CL838D-2 has a maximum inlet pressure of 150 PSIG and an outlet pressure range of 1 PSIG to 30 PSIG. All other facets of the CL838D-2 are the same as the CL838D-1 regulator
- CL838M-1 - The CL838M-1 is a regulator for monitor installation with closed throat and o-ring seal on the valve stem at the throat to assure positive downstream control when installing ahead of the operating regulator. This unit provides an operating safety device that assumes control over the operating regulator when failure is sensed by the monitor control line. The monitor regulator is set to take over control from the operating regulator with only a slight increase in outlet pressure. It can be equipped with an orifice size ranging from 3/8" through 1 3/8" and outlet pressure ranges from 6" W.C. to 5 PSIG and inlet pressures of 150 PSIG maximum
- CL838M-2 - All facets of this regulator are the same as the CL838M-1 except the range of the outlet pressures, which are from 1 PSIG to 30 PSIG
Connection Sizes 2"X2" - 2"X4"
Max. Flow Range 100,000 SCFH
Our warehouse is located just outside of Denver Colorado. We've become the premier source for Itron's regulators in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Not familiar with Itron? Itron was formerly known as Actaris and Schlumberger.