Fiberglass Buildings and Shelters
Shelter Works fiberglass buildings are fully customizable to meet the needs of protecting oil and natural gas utility equipment.
Maintenance-Free, Insulated Fiberglass Shelters that do not Corrode, Rot, Rust or Decay!
The fiberglass shelters are insulated, maintenance-free, corrosion-resistant and do not rust, rot or decay. They are used in various applications within the industry, such as:
- Natural Gas Storage
- City Gate Gas Stations
- Natural Gas Distribution & Transmission
- Instrumentation/SCADA Systems
- Pressure Regulating Stations
- Meter Stations
- Gas Odorizer Buildings
- Power Generation Equipment
The company offers a 25-year warranty on their fiberglass buildings and use an exclusive process to produce a more rigid and durable product with its FiberBeam technology. This procedure is a proprietary lamination process that melds the inner and outer skins with integrated fiberglass I-beams. These I-beams are placed 12″ apart throughout the enclosure’s walls, doors, and roofs to deliver a building equally as strong as one made of steel. The net result is that the fiberglass building can now withstand higher stresses without bowing or buckling.
|Maintenance-free Design||A low lifetime cost of ownership|
|50+-year Lifespan with 25-year Limited Warranty||Good business sense|
|Lightweight design||Save money on freight and crane expenses|
|Corrosion-resistant||Does not corrode, rot, rust, or decay|
|Impact-resistant||Absorbs impact which reduces/eliminates damage|
|Energy Efficient||Lowers energy costs|
|UV Resistant||Minimal fading and chalking on outside surfaces|
|Exclusive FiberBeam™ Construction||Super strong. In pound for pound comparison much stronger than steel!|
|Easy to Install||Save on construction and labor expenses|
|Non-Conductive||Lowers grounding requirements|
|Field Erectable||Build on-site even in hard-to-reach locations|
|Custom, Flexible Designs||4’-16’ wide up to 40’ long|
- Custom Sizes & Colors
- Insulation Value up to R-21
- Skids, Bases & Floors
- Containment Floors
- Molded Openings
- Partition Walls & Knock Outs
- Sound Attenuation
- Mounting Reinforcements
- Single, Double, Sliding or Roll-Up Doors
- Panic, 2-points or 3-point Door Hardware
- Electrical Packages
- Vents, Windows & Skylights
- HVAC Packages
Why Choose a Fiberglass Shelter?
- Fiberglass shelters are long-lasting, require less maintenance than alternatives and can easily be repaired, delivering a high-value product and low cost of ownership.
- Shelter Work enclosures are tested and perform well in any environment through varying weather conditions, including extreme temperatures, hurricanes, heavy snow loads, wet climates and corrosive environments.
- The fiberglass shelters do not rust, rot, corrode or decay delivering an aesthetically appealing structure that is maintenance-free.
- Shelter Works buildings are usually installed in less than one day with minimal labor using typical construction equipment and tools.
- The fiberglass building is resilient and resists damages from impact, chemicals, water, and UV rays.
- The Shelter Works enclosures are pound for pound stronger than steel and can be designed to meet any strength requirement.
- Fiberglass building composite material is super light though it has the highest strength to weight ratio.