The Honeywell HSV086 (Gorter) is a safety shut-off valve for gas transmission, gas distribution and industrial gas pressure regulating systems.
Safety Shut-Off Valve
The HSV086 series from Honeywell’s Gorter line is used in gas transmission, gas distribution and industrial gas pressure regulating systems. The HSV086 is a safety shut-off valve that automatically shuts off the gas flow if an overpressure or underpressure situation arises.
Honeywell provides measurement and control instruments for demanding natural gas applications. The HSV086 is a globe style series including two safety shut-off valves:
- The standard model, the HSV086, for nominal diameters of 1"-12."
- The HSVS086, with a two-stage release mechanism for nominal diameters of greater than 16."
Both styles offer overpressure and underpressure protection. They feature modular construction with a control device and a sensing element. Both are appropriate for operating pressures up to 1450 PSI. The Nominal diameters up to 12" are available in pressure classes up to ANSI 2500.
The HSV086 defends against exceeding a maximum pressure and falling below minimum pressure. The protection against under pressure also protects against a diaphragm rupture.
The HSV086 style offers the following benefits:
- Low maintenance costs, with lengthier maintenance intervals and easy to assemble/disassemble
- Modular construction, with separation between sensing element, control mechanism, and valve body assembly
- Bubble tight shut off even at low temperatures
- A high degree of operational safety
- Precise with high reproducibility
- Pressure Class: ANSI 300 and ANSI 600
- Maximum Pressure: ANSI 300: 725 PSI; ANSI 600: 1450 PSI
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to +140°F
- Ambient Temperature: -22°F to +140°F
- Set range for overpressure: ANSI 300: 44-718 PSI; ANSI 600: 44-1305 PSI
- Set range for under pressure: (10-145 PSI)
Applications the HSV086 Excels
- Compressor stations
- Gas pressure reducing skids
- Gas storage
- Gas power stations
- City or regional gas suppliers
- Industrial facilities