Tracer Wire for Horizontal Directional Drilling
Pro-Line Safety Products manufactures PRO-TRACE HDD copper-clad steel (CCS), which is a directional drilling tracer wire for both open trench and directional boring installations.
PRO-TRACE HDD-CCS PE45
The PRO-TRACE HDD-CCS PE45 locating wire is extra high strength to withstand damage from pipe pulling equipment, elements, sharp objects, and from harsh environments. The directional drilling tracer wire is almost 700% stronger than copper wire. What this means is the installer only needs one wire of PRO-TRACE HDD rather than the 2-5 copper wires to prevent breakage. This HDD tracer wire provides the perfect balance of ductility, strength, and brittleness to ensure durability. When using one wire of 12, 10, or 8 AWG HDD-CCS, the installer can achieve significant savings, along with equal signal strength and corrosion resistance of a copper wire. There is also much greater price stability of the CCS wire than copper wire, and it has no scrap value, discouraging thieves from theft and property damage.
- Nearly seven times the break-load of copper wire
- Save on material cost when using one wire
- Save on material and labor by minimizing costly re-bores
- Corrosion resistant (equal to copper)
- Good signal strength (equal to copper)
- Insulation direct burial rated (45 mil)
- Coating thickness = 45 Mil HDPE
- Break load 12 AWG = 1330